Call for Applications for Appointment as Director, Institute of Distance Learning
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, announces for the information of the Academic Community and the General Public that, the position of DIRECTOR, INSTITUTE OF DISTANCE LEARNING, would become vacant effective January 01, 2022.
The Institute of Distance Learning (IDL)
The Institute of Distance Learning was established in 2005 to deliver programmes of study in the distance learning mode to meet an increasing demand for tertiary education in the country. The Institute provides quality, flexible and demand-driven, continuing tertiary education programmes using the blended approach of face-to-face and online delivery sessions. The Institute started as a Department with three (3) programmes and has since 2015 been elevated to the status of a College, offering over fifty (50) programmes for both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. The IDL has 11 teaching and learning centres in ten (10) out of the 16 regions across the country; namely Accra, Bolgatanga, Cape Coast, Ho, Koforidua, Kumasi, Sekondi-Takoradi, Sunyani, Tamale, Tema, and Wa with a student population of over 15,000.
The Director is the Head of the Institute of Distance Learning (IDL). He/she is responsible for providing leadership to the Institute and for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good governance of the Institute in accordance with policies and procedures prescribed by the Act and Statutes of the University. The position is equivalent to a Provost of a College.
- Must be of professorial rank or equivalent Grade.
- Must be adept with online educational technologies.
- Must exhibit a high sense of leadership qualities and organizational skills and must be above reproach.
- Must possess excellent communication, inter-personal and digital literacy skills.
- Must be visionary, business-oriented and able to establish rapport with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Must be sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgement.
- Must be able to serve a THREE-YEAR term of Office before attaining the compulsory retirement age of SIXTY (60)
Terms of Appointment
- The Appointment, which is full-time, shall be for THREE (3) YEARS in the first instance and may be subject to renewal for another term of Three (3) Years (after evaluation of performance) altogether making a maximum of Six (6) Years before attaining the compulsory retiring age of SIXTY (60) for public office holders. The Candidate may opt to be a Faculty Member after serving the Six-Year Term.
- Salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
Interested Candidates are requested to submit an Application Letter together with eight (8) copies of the following:
- Certificates, Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees; and,
- A 1000-word Statement of Candidate’s Vision for the Institute.
Applications should be marked “APPLICATION FOR APPOINTMENT AS DIRECTOR, INSTITUTE OF DISTANCE LEARNING” and forwarded under REGISTERED COVER, to reach the following addresses, not later than, FRIDAY, 10TH SEPTEMBER 2021
Kwame Nkrumah University of
Science and Technology
Private Mail Bag
University Post Office
Kumasi - Ghana
The Office Manager
Universities of Ghana
Ghana Universities House
321 City Road
London ECIV ILJ, United Kingdom
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and invited for interview.
Call for Applications for Appointments, Departments of Sports and Exercise SciencesRead More
Call for Applications for Appointment as Dean, Faculty of LawRead More
Call for Applications for Appointment as Deputy Head, KNUST Basic SchoolRead More
Call for Applications for Appointment as Project Manager in RWESCKRead More
Call for Applications for Admission into Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Degree in Development Studies at KNUSTRead More
KNUST/TIEC Online-Training RegistrationRead More
Call for Applications for ACCESS Virtual Stay Sponsorships 2021Read More
70th Anniversary Book Cover Design ContestRead More
Internal Advertisement: Call for Applications for AppointmentsRead More
Call for Applications for Appointment as Director, Institute of Distance LearningRead More